Heparin Cofactor II Paired Antibody Set
Affinity’s Heparin Cofactor II Paired Antibody Set consists of matched capture and detecting antibodies that have been titrated and optimized for use in sandwich style ELISA assays. The product as provided contains sufficient capture and detecting antibodies for four full 96-well microplates and contains a detailed protocol sheet containing directions for use, recipes for solutions and sources for additional materials required. This Heparin Cofactor II Paired Antibody Set is intended to facilitate the end user in establishing an “in-house” immunoassay for research purposes only and must not be used for diagnostic applications. Assay validation is the responsibility of the end user.
Product Code: HCII-EIA
- Capture Antibody (HCII-EIA-C): One yellow-capped vial containing 0.4 ml of polyclonal affinity purified anti-Heparin Cofactor II antibody for coating plates.
- Detecting Antibody (HCII-EIA-D): One red-capped tube containing 0.4 ml of peroxidase conjugated affinity-purified polyclonal anti-Heparin Cofactor II antibody for detection of captured TAT complex.
- Conjugate Diluent: Five neutral-capped tubes each containing 10 ml of universal diluent for peroxidase conjugated antibody. Each vial sufficient for one 96-well plate.
Species Cross Reactivity: View Chart
Description of Heparin CoFactor II
Heparin Cofactor II (HCII), also known as heparin cofactor A and dermatan sulphate cofactor, is a single chain glycoprotein produced in the liver and circulates in plasma at concentration of 50-100 μg/ml (0.8-1.5 μM). A member of the SERPIN family of proteinase inhibitors, HCII exhibits a relatively narrow specificity and is only known to inhibit the serine proteinases thrombin and chymotrypsin. The inhibitory activity toward thrombin is accelerated up to 1000-fold in the presence of optimal concentrations of heparin. Unlike Antithrombin, thrombin inhibition by HCII is also enhanced by dermatan sulphate. HCII has an apparent molecular weight of 65,600 daltons and interaction with thrombin results in a covalent 1:1 enzyme-inhibitor complex of 102,600 daltons 1-3.
References and Reviews
- Tollefsen DM, Majerus DW, Blank MK; Heparin Cofactor II; JBC 257:5, p2162-2169, 1982.
- Pratt CW, Whinna HC, Mead JB, Treanor RE, Church FC: Physicochemical aspects of Heparin Cofactor II; Ann N.Y. Acad. Sci.: 556, p104-115, 1989.
- Griffith MJ, Noyes CM, Church FC; Reactive Site Peptide Structural Similarity between Heparin Cofactor II and Antithrombin III; JBC:260, pp 2218-2225, 1985.