Polyclonal antibodies typically recognize numerous binding sites on protein antigens, which in concert produce very high affinity binding constants. In many cases, antigens are recognized in denaturing as well as non-denaturing conditions. In general, applications in which polyclonal antibodies work well include:
- ELISA (direct, double antibody or competitive)
- Gel Precipitation (immunoelectrophoresis, immunodiffusion)
- Neutralization of antigen activity
- Depletion of antigen by immune-affinity chromatography
- Immunoblotting (Western blotting) from SDS-PAGE
- Immunostaining (ImmunoHistoChemistry)
- Flow cytometry
It should be noted that while many of our antibodies may be suitable in the above applications, only direct ELISA and Gel Precipitation testing is done on every lot of antibody as part of product quality control and approval. ABI will guarantee performance in direct ELISA and Gel Precipitation applications only, except where otherwise indicated.
If you have any technical questions about our products or techniques, feel free to contact us. We will do our best to provide you with the information you need.