Factor VIII ELISA Kit
The VisuLize Factor VIII ELISA Kit is intended to quantitatively measure factor VIII (F8) in human plasma and factor concentrates. The biological importance of factor VIII (F8) is demonstrated in Hemophilia A and those patients suspected of thrombophilia. The laboratory diagnosis of factor VIII (F8) deficiency in Hemophilia A typically involves quantitative determination of factor VIII’s functional activity. The use of this kit in conjunction with functional assays in the area of gene therapy, assessment of factor VIII (F8) concentrates, as well as distinguishing those patients with cross-reactive material will prove useful in the area of Hemophilia A. Additionally as documented in numerous studies, elevated levels of factor VIII (F8) is being recognized as a common risk of venous thrombosis¹, an area where Affinity’s Factor VIII ELISA Kit has utility.
This product is cleared for in vitro Diagnostic use by FDA, Health Canada and CE marked. Available for sale in the United States, Canada and select European countries.
Product Code: FVIII-AG
- Rapid sandwich ELISA to measure FVIII (F8) antigen (FVIII:Ag)
- 1 hour 55 minutes total incubation time!
- FVIII:Ag reported as International Units/ml traceable to WHO standard for FVIII antigen
- Detection limit to 0.008 IU/ml FVIII:Ag (0.8%)
- Includes normal and low controls
- Shelf-life: 18 months
- Quantification of FVIII (F8) in plasma and therapeutic concentrates
- Diagnosis and characterization of Hemophilia A
- Carrier testing for Hemophilia A
- Thrombophilia screening
Species Cross Reactivity: View Chart
Product Datasheet: Factor VIII Complete Antigen ELISA kit - IVD
References: 1.O’Donnell J, Tuddenham EG, Manning R, Kemball-Cook G, Johnson D, Laffan M. High prevalence of elevated factor VIII levels in patients referred for thrombophilia screening: role of increased synthesis and relationship to the acute phase reaction. Thromb Haemost. 1997;77:825–828.